Chaa-Hol XI, Е 23
Monuments of this group were found in a valley near the river Chaa-Hol, on the left inflow of the Ulug-Hem, 25 km above the mouth of the river Hemchik. This district is at the bottom of the water basin of Sayano-Shushenskii hydro-electric power station now. All monuments of the group, except Е 15, are in museum exhibitions. The monument was found on the left inflow of the Ulug-Hem river 8 km from Chaa-Hol.
At first the monument was taken to Sayan-Tuva expedition Science Academy in Kyzyl. And in 1973 it was handed over to the Tuva museum.
It is made of red-brown shale stone. Almost square in transverse section. Surfaces are processed. Edges are marked. Splitted on two parts. Suffered strongly from aeration.
The text in 4 lines. A line is covered vertically on 4 sides of the stele. According to S.E.Malov there is a tamga below the line 2.
Aspelin found in 1888 according to message from Safyanov. Heikel made a photo of it in 1889. The subsequent editions are based on that copy. The text is studied by S.E.Malov, H.N.Orkun, etc.