The stele was made in honor of Eletmish Bilge kagan. He ruled in 747-759 200. His full Turkic name is “Teŋiride: bolmuš: El Etmiš Bilge: qaγan:”
“The Tariatyn monument”, “A New Orkhon Inscription of Tariat”, “The Terhyin monument”
The stele was found in “Doloon Mod” district north of Hoid Terhyin river in Tariat sum of Arkhangai aimag of Mongolia.
Some parts of the stele are kept in the laboratory warehouse of Mongolian Archeology institute. The stone turtle is on entrance of Mongolian Academy of Sciences.
The stele is made of light grey granite. There are 30 lines of inscription on four sides of the stele. The stone turtle is made of grey granite. There is a hole on back of the turtle. There is a sing and 1 line inscription on right side of the turtle’s back.
The bottom part is 0.8х0.35х0.24 m; the middle part is 0.9х0.35х0.24 m, the top part is 0.75х0.35х0.24 m, the general size is 2.35 х 0.3-0.35 х 0.2-0.24 m. The sizes of the stone turtle is 0.8х0.35х0.24 m.
The stele was found by Mongolian archeologist T.Dorzhsuren209 in 1956. The Soviet-Mongolian joint historical and cultural expedition210 conducted excavations and made a paper copy in 1969. N.Ser-Odzhav and V.V.Volkov found other two parts of the stele during the archeological excavations 211 in 1970. B.Bazylhan212, M.Shinehuu213, S.G.Klyashtornyi214, T.Tekin215, K.Sartkozhauly216 conducted researches of the inscription. The Mongolian-Japanese joint expedition conducted detailed researches 217 in 1996-1997. Kazakh scientists conducted researches in 2002 and 2004.